Stuffed Meatballs (Asian recipe)
Beef Stuffing - 600 g
Onion of medium size - 2 pcs.
Salt 1 tsp
Red pepper 2 tsp
Black pepper 1 tsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Parsley - 2 beams
Walnuts crushed - 200 g
Butter - 100 gr
Tomato paste - 2 tbsp
Bulgur - 500 g
Eggs - 2 pcs.
Hot pepper paste - 1 tsp
Flour - 0.5 cups
Water - 0.5 cups
1. Dilute Bulgur water and let it brew for 10 minutes
2. Then in it add 2 eggs, half a cup of flour, a spicy paste of pepper. Mix all ingredients with hands, gradually adding water as needed. Some do not add water to the dough itself, but only moisten the hand with water and stir the dough. The dough should turn out to be elastic like plasticine so that you can make balls from it.
3. Put the butter on the heated frying pan and then lower the chopped onion into it and let it brown to a golden hue.
4. Next step on the recipe is to lay a bowl with onions and ground beef.
The big plus of this recipe is that the ingredients do not have to be tedious to cook, but only to fry on a quick fire. Mix well the forcemeat with onions and fry it until all the meat juice evaporates from the pan, at the very end of the stuffing add the tomato paste, add salt, add red and black peppers, mint and mix again.
5. Once all the juice has come out, add the minced greens and finely chopped walnuts. Mix well all the added ingredients and then remove the frying pan from the fire and leave the stuffing to cool. While the meat is cooling down, we begin to prepare the dough.
6. Now you need to moisten your hands with water and start cooking the cutlets. To do this, take a little dough and start rolling a ball with a diameter of 5-6 cm.
7. Further in the balls it is necessary to make a deepening (the so-called funnel) in order to be able to put 2-3 teaspoons of the filling (prepared earlier in the frying pan). Now it is necessary to compact the filling and glue the dough together, fixing the edges together. Next, the ball needs to be shaped like a lemon. Having washed all the cutlets, put them on a plate and put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes in order to make them more dense and do not crumble when cooking.
8. In the baked water we spread the resulting cutlets and cook them for 10 minutes.