Strawberry Cheesecake-Stuffed Pound Cake
1 store-bought pound cake
1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup strawberries, diced
1. Cut the center out of the pound cake, leaving a half-inch border on the bottom and along each side.
2. In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon zest until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the strawberries and beat until the mixture has turned a light pink color but there are still nice strawberry chunks.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the hollowed-out pound cake shell.*
5. Using the removed pieces of pound cake, crumble bits of cake on top of the cheesecake mixture to form a thick layer of crumbs.
6. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
7. Slice into 10 half-inch slices and serve.