Yields 2 9×13 in (23×33 cm) casseroles
2 pounds ground beef
Salt & pepper
3 tablespoons salted butter
⅓ cup flour
3 cups milk
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), melted
2 pounds rigatoni, cooked
4 eggs, beaten
24 ounces marinara sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190˚C.
2. In a skillet, cook and crumble the ground beef with garlic powder, onion, powder, salt, & pepper. Remove from pan and drain.
3. In the same pan, melt the butter, and mix with the flour until it forms a paste.
4. Add the milk gradually, and bring to a boil, until it thickens into a creamy sauce. Set aside.
5. In a bowl, mix the rigatoni with the eggs. Divide between two 9×13 inch (23×33 centimeter) baking dishes.
6. Layer on the marinara, ground beef, mozzarella, white sauce, and parmesan.
7. Bake both for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
8. Cool and freeze extra casserole up to 2 months. (To cook, transfer to the refrigerator overnight. Bake covered at 375°F/190°C for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.)