Strawberry Peach Sangria
Serves 8 - 10
2 cups water
1½ cups sugar
1 bottle white wine, chilled
¾ cup rum
Extra strawberries and peaches, sliced
1 bottle sparkling white wine or champagne, chilled
1. Discard the green tops of the strawberries and slice the peaches.
2. In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in water, then add the strawberries and peaches.
3. Bring to a rolling boil and reduce to medium heat. Boil for approximately 15 minutes, or until the strawberries become pale and the peaches are soft.
4. Strain the syrup and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until cooled. Discard boiled fruit.
5. In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, sliced fruit, white wine, and rum.
6. Scoop fruit into glasses with ice, pour sangria, and top with sparkling wine.