150g melted butter, plus extra for greasing
350g digestive biscuits
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more for topping
3 egg yolks
1 lime for zesting, plus extra for topping
400ml condensed milk
150ml lime juice (6-8 limes juiced)
2 jalapeño chillies (seeded and finely chopped)
300ml whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 170°C
2. Crush the digestives in a food storage bag with a rolling pin and pour crumbs into a large bowl. Add cayenne pepper and melted butter and stir to combine.
3. Transfer into a greased springform pan and press down to form an even layer. Push up against the sides to create a crust. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned then allow crust to cool.
4. Whisk together three egg yolks and the zest of one lime. Add the condensed milk and lime juice and mix.
5. Add the jalapeño chillies and mix one more time.
6. Pour into cooled biscuit base and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the filling has a slight jiggle.
7. Cool and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
8. Carefully remove the outer piece the springform pan. Spread the whipped cream on top evenly, then sprinkle cayenne pepper and lime zest over the cream.