1 loaf dark sourdough bread
1 ½ cups sour cream
½ red onion, diced
3 pieces bacon or pancetta, cubed
2-3 tablespoons butter
1 cup gruyère cheese, grated
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 480°F/250˚C.
2. Fry the bacon and the onions in a pan.
3. Mix fried onions, bacon, and sour cream in a bowl and season with pepper.
4. Cut off the top of the bread and remove the inside with a spoon.
5. Fill the bread with the sour cream mixture and cover with gruyère cheese.
6. Spread butter on the leftover bread, cut into thick chunks, and place on a
baking tray together with the bread bowl.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until the bread is crispy and the cheese golden brown.