Stick Cheese in Potatoes
Servings: 24 sticks
3 russet *potatoes, cooked and cubed.
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup green onion, diced
¼ cup bacon, diced
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 block cheddar cheese, cut into strips
*Salt, to season
1. In a large bowl, combine cooked potatoes, sour cream, green onions, bacon, salt, and pepper.
2. Mash the ingredients together until most of the potatoes are mashed. (Some chunks are good!)
3. Cut cheese into ¼-inch strips.
4. Take a spoonful of potatoes and make a ball.
5. Place the cheese strip in the middle and wrap the potato around the cheese until it is evenly covered.
6. Dredge the sticks in flour, egg, and panko.
7. Transfer to drying rack and season with salt. (they’ll be very hot so let it sit for a couple minutes before enjoying!)